Brsk Acceptable Use Policy
This Acceptable Use Policy applies to all users making use of our home broadband services (“The Service”). Your use of The Service means that you accept and agree to abide by the Acceptable Use Policy.
You are responsible for anyone using The Service from your home, with or without your consent, and therefore you are responsible for any breach of this policy.
Should you allow any persons under the age of 18 to use The Services, we recommend that you take reasonable precautions to ensure that they use The Service appropriately and that they comply with the Acceptable Use Policy.
2. Fair Use
All broadband service packages come with unlimited monthly data usage. We do not make use of traffic management (although we may decide to use one in the future) to slow down your service unless you are being detrimental or inconveniencing other internet users.
3. Prohibited Uses
You must not use The Service in any way that is unlawful or illegal in respect of the laws and regulations in force from time to time in the UK.
You may not use The Service, or allow anyone to use the service in the following ways:
- to do anything that is illegal, unlawful, fraudulent or in breach of any code, regulation or content requirement of any competent authority.
- to gain unauthorized access to computer systems or attempt to circumvent the security of any host, network of account.
- to use the service to download, transmit, send, receive, store, distribute or deal with data and content that is offensive, prohibited, or otherwise unlawful under any applicable law including material which is threatening, defamatory, racist, abusive, invasive of privacy, obscene, harmful or malicious.
- to knowingly store, distribute, transmit any programs that contain viruses, trojans, malware, or tools designed to compromise the security of internet users, websites or systems.
- to use any IP address that we have not assigned to you.
- to use the internet to send information that has forged addresses or deliberately constructed to adversely affect computer systems.
- to perform “phishing” activities, to make messages or emails appear to be coming from or sent by another person or entity.
- to transmit, stream, post, or publish any content, data or software that is protected under copyright without the permission of its owner.
- to use the service to disrupt or violate anyone’s systems or security, for example deliberate attempts to overload a service or in the form of a denial of service (DOS) attack to crash a host.
- to program or send messages that are designed to interfere with the service of our customers or their privacy in any way.
- to modify any identifying network information to deceive or mislead for example changing email source, or user information in an attempt to gain access to the account of any customer.
It is important to note that the list above is not exhaustive and does not contain everything that makes up the unacceptable use of our services – it provides a guide of what we deem to be illegal. Any activity that adversely affects either us, or any third-party may breach our acceptable use policy.
4. Equipment Use
You may not in any way adapt, decompile, or tamper with the Brsk ONT or Brsk Wifi Router (“equipment”).
5. Breaching the Acceptable Use Policy
We reserve the right to investigate any suspected violations of the Acceptable Use Policy. This may include gathering information from involved account holders, and if applicable the examination of material on our servers or any associated networks of our services. By using The Service you have deemed to grant us permission to monitor the data transferred to us by your computer systems and networks to ensure that you remain compliant with our Acceptable Use Policy.
Further actions we may take in the event that you breach this policy:
- Issue a warning
- Suspend or terminate The Service immediately
- Disclose information to relevant law enforcement agencies as we feel reasonably necessary.
- Take any other reasonable action
6. Last Updated
These Terms and Conditions were last updated on 14 July 2021. We may revise this policy at any time. We will provide an updated version on our website. It is your responsibility to check the latest version from time to time.